Vernon Hills, IL
Toshiba Medical Research Institute USA, Inc. (TMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Toshiba is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
TMRU, awarded the 2016 Seal of Distinction award from WorldatWork®, is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
TMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze software requirements documentation and consult with the author as needed.
- Formulate a software design using industry best practices and document it appropriately.
- Implement the software design by coding.
- Execute the unit test plan to verify the coded software.
- Coordinate communication with vendors related to project materials.
- Contribute in the creation of software requirements and specifications.
- Contributes to corporate IP portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related technical discipline.
- 3+ years of industry C/C++ development experience.
- Knowledge of Linux kernel programming and device driver development.
- Experience with embedded Linux build systems such as Yocto
- Familiarity with GNU Makefile writing.
- Understanding of computer architecture principles.
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
- Knowledge or experience in GPU programing experience helpful.
- Education or experience with image processing techniques.
- Experience with programming for Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
- Experience with interfacing software with custom hardware, such as device drivers.
- Experience designing software for multi-threaded and/or multi-processing environments, including parallel processing.
- Experience in mathematics and scientific algorithm implementation and optimization.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Solution orientation
- Relationship building
- Communication &emdash; verbal, written, listening
- Time/task management
- Ability to complete domestic and occasional international travel is required
The position is at the Toshiba Medical Research Institute headquarters in Vernon Hills, IL, USA. Vernon Hills is a suburb located about 35 miles northwest of Chicago.Apply for this position