Vernon Hills, IL
Toshiba Medical Research Institute USA, Inc. (TMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Toshiba is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
TMRU, awarded the 2016 Seal of Distinction award from WorldatWork®, is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
TMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Summary of Position
The CT system researcher (Internship) will work with the CT system team, located in Vernon Hills, IL, on various system design studies for the current and future products, and our next generation CT system development.
ResponsibilitiesUnder the supervision of a senior scientist:
- Perform system design studies using MC simulation, modeling and analysis. Design of experiment to validate simulation results, and provide design input for the future products.
- Explore and prototyping the new calibration workflow and algorithms for our new generation CT system.
- Perform experiments on the testing system, collect test data, analyze, and generate test reports.
The ideal candidate is a full-time Graduate student currently working towards a Ph.D. degree in Physics, Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field at a university. Preferably with >3 years of research experience in the Ph.D. program for the related field.
- Good understanding of X-ray physics, good knowledge of the X-ray CT system. Familiar with spectral CT/Photon-counting CT related system design, calibration and image formation chain.
- Experimentation, system testing, and statistical data analysis.
- Working experience with GATE/Geant4 is a plus.
- Good analytical and programming (Matlab, C/C++, Python, etc.) skills
- Proven ability to work and interact comfortably in a team culture with various technical backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Time CommitmentThis is a full-time, temporary position that requires a commitment of:
- 5–6 months, starting in early 2018.
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday–Friday onsite during regular business hours.